Ads 468x60px

Monday 8 February 2016

Edgy Gradient Nails

I'm well over a month late, but Happy 'New' Year 2016! I had planned to post this last year when I did it but I wasn't really in a mood to blog or anything so I just took a photo and left it until now.

Due to the fact that it's been such a long time since I did this, I honestly cannot remember the specific colours I used --- wait! I just found a list I wrote when I did this, thanks 2015 me! Alright, so I painted my nails white and then did a gradient from dark purple 'Revlon - Impulsive', to a lighter purple 'NYC - Jam & Nap' to dark pink 'Rimmel Pro - Show Off' to a paler pink 'Nails Inc - Kensington Square' to white.

After that dried, I put two pieces of tape on each nail in a 'V-shape' and painted the exposed part of the nails white and then used Avon Colortrend - 'Silver Plated' topcoat before removing the tape and sealing it all in with Seche Vite topcoat.
I ended up really liking this design, especially considering that I only did the white triangles so that I'd hide some of the purple --- after the gradient stage, which was my intended final look, I thought my nails looked like they were bruised or something so I thought 'I must save this!'. Hopefully I did!

Well, that's all for today, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment