Ads 468x60px

Sunday 2 September 2012

The Liebster Blog Award! :D

Many, many thanks to Clare over at Nuthin' but a nail thing for nominating me for a Liebster award, awesome! She has an amazing blog so I recommend checking it out!


The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers.

Here's how it works: 

1) The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
2) The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
3) The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
4) These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
5) They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver) 


11 Fun Facts about myself

1. I'm a student of linguistics at uni.
2. I live in the sunny land of Scotland.
3. I spend way too much time watching The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother reruns.
4. I have a Black Moor fish called Google because of its googly eyes. I've had it for 2 years. It's an ugly little bugger but it's the only fish out of three that is still alive.
5. I love macaroni, especially of the cheese variety. YUM.
6. I love playing Modern Combat 2 on my Blackberry Playbook, it's so addictive!
7. My favourite musical artist is Queen. They are the absolute best! My favourite song of theirs is Too Much Love Will Kill You. 
8. I tend to like 80s, Classic Rock, New Wave stuff more, but I do enjoy a good dance-y tune from time to time!
9. I like to sing. I was part of an opera group for 3 years - currently not with them but may join again soon!
10. Where's me rum gone?! Oh, I drank it. I love rum.
11. I like photography, but my skills have their limits!

Questions asked by Clare

1)  What made you start a blog?
I wanted to start a blog for quite a while as I saw one or two nail polish blogs and thought 'hey! I take pics of my nails all the time!' and I've really been into doing my nails for a few years now so I thought it might be a good idea to blog some of the nail art/nail polish I do.

2)  What is your favourite brand of nail polish?

Probably Barry M because that's where my love of nail polish truly started. It's affordable and easily accessible. :)

3)  What is your favourite polish colour?

Oooh erm. I really don't know! I generally love purple but I don't always wear it as a nail colour. I tend to wear darker shades a lot though.

4)  How many polishes do you have in your collection?

I really don't feel like going to count right now, and I've never actually counted, but probably somewhere around 200?

5)  How do you store your polishes?
I have a massive box that is made for under beds, which I keep (surprisingly) under my bed.

6)  When/where do you mostly do your manis?

Well I do them whenever I have time, if I'm at uni it would be in the weekends, and I tend to do them in my bedroom with the window and door wide open.

7)  What is your favourite type of nail art?

I love water transfers from time to time, and I also do like stamping, but I find that I'm more happy with my nails when I've drawn the art on myself.

8)  What polish is on your wish list?

I can't remember the names at the minute, but I want a couple from China Glaze and one from the OPI Designer series.

9)  What is the next manicure on your "to do" list?

I want to try out something else with my stamping, but i never stick to what I originally plan haha!

10)  What is your nail care "must have"?

I have some nail care products from Avon, like a peeling and brittleness solver and others, but they only thing I use all the time is my Barry M all-in-one.

11)  What nail trend do you wish you could master?

Water marbling. I can do it, but sometime it sucks haha. And also I am super impatient with how long it takes to do.

I will pick 11 blogs and make questions later if I have time, but to be honest, it took me... I dunno, a week to even do this part of the post! x




3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! I got it to yesterday, made my heart skip a beat hihi

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahey! I have my TV tuned to E4 permanently every evening for BBT and HIMYM :high five:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same! I get my TiVo box to record them whenever they are on so that I don't miss any haha!

      Delete