Ads 468x60px

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Avon Lemon Sugar Nail Polish (and some nail art thrown in)

Indoors - flash
Today's post is a little more picture based than usual, reason being that I was swatching this polish for the blog and then decided to just keep it on and so some half moon art with it.

So this is Lemon Sugar by Avon, and because I order through a local representative, it takes 3 weeks to get delivered - but delivery is free so I can't complain!

Indoors - no flash
The first thing I will say is that it's a fairly nice colour. I'm not much of a fan of yellow, but it is a nice lighter shade and not in-your-face neon. One coat was actually not too bad but you do get areas where your own nail which is obviously darker than this) comes through, so I did 2 coats.

I felt that this would go with pastel colours so I decided to do the half moon mani on it. The colours used (from thumb to pinky) are: Barry M Mint Green, MUA Shade 16Barry M Blue Moon, No7 Lucky Lilac, Barry M Boots Limited Edition. Basically the same colours I used for the pastel zebra nails I did about a month ago. I put a glitter topcoat (17 Nail Xtras Glitter) and then Seche Vite.


I have to be honest, I didn't particularly like the nail art after I did it, but I ended up keeping it on for a few days because I was too busy with uni to change it. I think the yellow would work well in some sort of art, but I didn't particularly like it in this way because it stuck out like a sore thumb, no pun intended.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely yellow and I love the half moons :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the half moons, I think they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shade of yellow. I bet it would look ace with white or baby pink polka dots.

    ReplyDelete