Ads 468x60px

Friday 5 July 2013

SpaRitual Miss World Review

 So today I am quite excited to be reviewing a couple of SpaRitual polishes that were sent to me by the lovely Rachel over at NSI nails!

SpaRitual get some brownie points from me just for being Big-3 Free (they contain no DBP, formaldehyde or toluene) and they also exclude formaldehyde resin and camphor, yay! In addition, if you are a vegan then this is suitable for you too! The polishes come in generous 15ml bottles with a rubbery, easy to grip handle (a feature I wish was present in all nail polish bottles based on the amount of times in the past where I had accidentally closed the bottle too tightly meaning I had to fight to open it the next time I used it).

The first of the polishes I am reviewing is 'Miss World' which is a lovely sort of coral pink colour. I've really been getting into pinks lately so I was really happy to try this one out. It is classified as a shimmer and I really like that it is quite a subtle shimmer which is enough to give it a nice shine when the light hits it, but not too much that it looks glitzy.

It's somewhat difficult to capture the shimmer with the camera, but it can be seen in the picture of the bottle on the right, and if you zoom in on the nails too. I have left the ring finger with one coat, while applying two coats to the rest of the nails, just so you can see the sheerness of the polish, which I really like.

As you can see, I took photos both with and without flash to give you an idea of what it looks like fairly.

In terms of application, this brush is really good - it's not the widest of brushes so when I first saw it I thought I might have some trouble getting it to spread evenly on the nails because often for me, the polish gets tacky before I've even finished painting the nail and it just looks lumpy. However, that wasn't the case here, and the polish was thin enough to spread easily. It's thin but very pigmented, which is always my favourite! When it dries, it is really shiny and in my opinion, looks just as shiny as some of the polishes out there that are not Big-3 Free so I was pleasantly surprised!

Overall, you get a sense of quality just by picking up the bottle, and application was the easiest I've had in a while so I'm really liking this polish! It has a really lovely tone and especially looks good at this time of the year!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour :D would go with the green one i got sent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just came across your blog today, and it's awesome! I adore the name too.
    If your polish bottle gets stuck shut, do you wrap elastic bands around the bottle and lid. If not, try it, it will be a million times easier to open, especially if you use a cloth or something to grip the band around the lid.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you! I really appreciate it!
      Ooh, I will try the rubber band thing on a couple of bottles which are always the main culprits! Thanks! :) x

      Delete